ESET a brand leader in security suite industry, recently added new updates to its famous product line. ESET Internet Security 10 was released as a basic security suite while ESET Smart Security 10 was launched as the line’s premium security service suite. This new entry boasts premium functions for added security at an added cost. Among the other common functions of a standard security suite, the package offers installation of four new tools. These are:
- Comprehensive Password Manager
- Parental Control
- Secure Data Encryption
Users will initially create a master password. A prompt reminds the user to make use of uppercase and lowercase letters and digits in an eight-character combination. The password manager can also be programmed to be unlocked by use of a recognized USB or Bluetooth device.
Among its key features include:
- This function closely integrates with the most frequently used internet browsers such as Microsoft Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and also other commonly used programs.
- The suite securely stores passwords found otherwise in browsers. ESET also stores information and credentials users input in recognized secure websites. During the capture period, users can modify unique identification for the credential to a group. Multiple groups can be created and modified within each other, which helps in easing the secured log-in experience. Revisiting a website, the suite prompts the user to fill in the fields using pre-recorded credentials automatically.
- The suite is also capable of recording log-in information when a new account is created. A password generator provides a strong password consisting of 15 characters using a combination of uppercase, lowercase letters, and digits.
Users are given the capability to create virtually any number of credential identities and accounts to be used in filling in various website forms. Each account or identity can contain different contact, personal, business, and Internet credentials. Financial information can also be added to each account to include bank and credit accounts. During navigation in a website form, the suite highlights field it can fill in using a red border. To fill in, simply choose the appropriate account or identity from the toolbar.
ESET Smart Security 2019 Crack
Secure Data Encryption
Private and sensitive information and files can easily leak out from devices and systems. There are various instances by which these can happen:
- Cyber criminals commonly use Trojans to steal financial quietly and business data from unknowing victims for use in their crimes
- Losing a desktop or laptop computer can also be a source of information leak
- Uninvited relatives and friends can also sneak into computer folders and copy crucial files
ESET Smart Security 10 Serial key provides a suitable prevention to these events. The suite offers the use of a Secure Encryption Tool, the Secure Data feature. This function allows the creation of numerous virtual drives that are secured and encrypted. Here is the process of creating such virtual drives:
- A drive name will be initially set for the virtual drive.
- Location must also be set within the actual system.
- Choose storage capacity of virtual drive. Capacities can range from 500MB to 100GB, which also depends on the actual capacity of the system where the virtual drive will be stored.
ESET Smart Security 10 crack
Finally, securing the drive with a strong password will create the encrypted virtual drive within the system. The process also includes a disclaimer. The suite will not be responsible for the inaccessibility of the encrypted files if the password is lost or forgotten. The suite has the option to decrypt virtual drives when logged-in using a specific Windows account, but this is not recommended unless the user account is protected with a significantly secure password. Opening the virtual encrypted drive is the same as any other systems. Moving, copying from and editing files within the drive are permitted. However, after a restart or a log-off, encrypted drives are restricted unless unlocked. Users should be careful to delete original items located in decrypted drives that are copied into encrypted ones.
This feature is a commonly offered function in security products for mobile devices. However, this feature is less common in PCs. ESET Smart Security 10 Anti-Theft feature is capable of:
- Locating the system in question using Wi-Fi signals
- Locking all peripherals and drives when device is marked as lost.
- Procuring pictures and screenshots from webcams and displays.
Users can manage this function in the online portal of ESET. My ESET will initially recommend a number of steps for optimization. Once a device is configured to automatically log in, the suite will require permission to retrieve password.
The suite will check once every 10 minutes when it is online. This is to see if a device is marked as lost or missing. Once a device is detected to be marked, the suite launches a series of processes:
- The suite restarts the marked system. It will also log in the system using a pre-made “phantom account” which denies access of any other accounts while it is active.
- The security suite proceeds to gather and send out information regarding its location, as well as capturing screenshots and webcam feeds.
- A customized display can be set by the user to be used on the device while it is marked missing. This process goes on for a total of 14 days. During the end of this period, an email is sent to the user as a notification.
- The suite utilizes Wi-Fi signals for it to pinpoint a marked device’s current location.
This feature is more realistically adaptable for the loss of a laptop device. Users need to be sure to properly follow and execute the various optimization steps so that the Anti-Theft feature can perform its work well during the unexpected event of a loss.
ESET Smart Security 10 license key boasts additional useful features from its standard version suite. The password manager is a note-worthy addition and is also received an Editor’s Choice from a recognized reviewing group. The additional functions are a welcome update. But because the security suite company does not currently offer a multi-system license bundle, households with full multiple computers are up to a huge cost. Other competitors are able to give multiple licenses for their suites for a single license of Smart Security 10. It is up to the preferences and priorities of the users if this security suite will be able to cater to their respective needs as well as lifestyles. Price is often the deciding factor, but added features can also tip the scales for more sophisticated users.