Spotify Web Player is a music streaming application, primarily developed for Android devices, that is now available on all leading mobile platforms. With this application, you can listen to songs from a huge library when on an active internet connection. You can also shift to an offline mode if you purchase a premium collection that enables you to listen to your playlists while on the go.
Spotify player was developed by a Swedish company of the same name. Their inspiration for the application was the luxury of playing music that you like, whenever and wherever you want to listen to it. The company thrived with the advancement of technology in the past few years, developing better technology to deliver their service. You can now browse for music from thousands of albums and playlists just by the click of your fingertips.
There are two subscription services available for users, the free subscription that has limited services, and an unlimited subscription that removes advertisements as well as other restrictions. With a premium account, you can access music offline. You get free access to the paid version for 2 days after you create an account. After this period, you can make the choice between the free version and the premium version.
The company recently launched their service for web browsers known as Spotify Web Player. You can use the application by filling in a registration form for a new account after you open their website. If you already have an account registered with them, you can also access the vast library on offer on your browser from their web player’s website.
Detailed review with Screenshot
Key Features of Spotify Web Player
- Support for almost all web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple’s Safari, and Microsoft’s Internet Explorer
- Browse through music from top artists, tracks, albums
- Listen to Mix Radio
- Access to all your existing playlists
- First access to all the latest releases in music
- Web player service is free for all, subscription excluded
- Choose between different plans
- Stream music on the go
- Friendly UI designed for both beginners and premium users
Main Pros and Cons
- With the web player, users can listen to any song from the service’s vast library, anytime, and on any device: mobile, tablet or computer using the Web Player.
- With the premium subscription, you can access your entire playlist offline without any internet connection.
- Users can register for Spotify through Facebook and it will integrate all of your Facebook data to your Spotify account.
- There is a bias between the music quality offered on the subscription services, the premium version offers music at 320kbit/s whereas the free version offers it at 160kbit/s.
- Spotify service is not available for all countries.
Most Common Users:
Frequent music listeners, aspiring music artists, will benefit the most from the web player. Paying for the premium version of the service is recommended as it offers access to the latest releases in music that are generally not included in the free subscription.
Spotify music service has a strong user base of 20 million paid users and counting. With the Web Player, they are looking to extend their services to a web client enhancing the music streaming experience for its users.